Friday 2 October 2015

Weekend in Dublin

In early August, we had a weekend away in Dublin, or more precisely Dun Loaghaire (pronounced "Dun Leery").  The weather was a really mixed bag - one minute it waas glorious sunshine and baking hot, the next the skies were black and it was pouring it down and howling a gale!  It was a gorgeous place though, with a nice long pier, sea front bars, and a lovely high street with lots of little independent shops and coffee places (as well as some bigger chain stores too).  There was even a cinema!

Here are some of the pictures I took from the sunnier moments:

#maybefiltered

#nofilter. Genuinely


We stayed in an AirBNB place with a family which was also a bit of a mixed bag.  However the home itself was beautifully decorated.  For example, this wallpaper (even though from this post, you all know I hate wallpaper, in particular stripping wallpaper!):

I've no idea where it's from or who makes, but I just appreciated it's beauty.


I just loved how there are bunnies on it!

I was also inspired by the flooring.  It was gorgeous.



So much so as soon as we got home I carefully peeled up the laminate in the hallway to see what I had to work with.  More on that to come soon!

Have you ever found inspiration in an unusual place?

No comments:

Post a Comment