Saturday 24 October 2015

Hallway - First Coat of Colour Paint!

The walls have recently gotten their very first coat of colour after their mist coat.  You might remember when I picked out my colour way back when, the very calming, Egyptian Cotton.

I was so excited to get the first coat on, as there is nothing like getting the paint on the walls to feel like you are making progress!

Here we go...


I couldn't believe how olive green it looked when it first went on.  I like it though :)  The brush is also pretty special.  It's a Purdy Monarch Elite.  After reading loads of rave reviews about it, I stumped up the £10 investment (which for me on a paintbrush is a small fortune) for this bad boy.  Oh my days, it's changed my life.  What an amazing brush!  Cutting in is just so easy.  I wasn't particularly blown away when I first got it out the packet, the brush fibres didn't seem to be cut consistently, and it just looked like a normal brush.  However, it's when you start loading the brush with paint, you see it's true beauty.  I would highly recommend this brush.  

Disclaimer: I have not been paid to say nice things about this brush.  I bought it myself and just genuinely love it!

The paint was Dulux Endurance and it went on well.  Two coats covered the walls very well.

Here is the progress shots:

Do you like our ladder origami?  You have no idea how hard it was to try and manipulate this huge ladder into the shapes we needed without dinking our new perfectly smooth walls.  We managed to only dink it once!  Also not the pillowcases over the ladder feet to protect the walls as well.




And here is my super duper tip on painting right into the corners.  Even my new BFF the Purdy Monarch Elite couldn't right in there.  It's my finger tip.  Essentially get some paint right on the tip of your finger and smooth it into the corner.  It sounds silly but it just works.

Excuse my poor painting skills to the right of the corner in these shots,  this was the last corner I did and I was tired by this point!





We put no protective coverings on the floor as they will all be coming up anyway.  At least I hope so because we have trashed the carpet upstairs!



No comments:

Post a Comment