Thursday 24 December 2015

Best Projects of 2015

A quick round up of 2015 projects!

It's been a long but short year!  I know that sounds weird...  It's been a long hard year work wise, but in the same way, because I've been buried in work, I feel like I blinked and I missed most of the year.

As such, work on the house hasn't progressed as quick as I would have liked, but now that I look back I can see that we did in fact get a few good bits done.  And progress is progress anyway.


1. Lintel fitted above Living Room Window

Does it make the house look better? Nope.  Did it cost lots of pennies? Yep.  But will it mean we can now open the living room windows and the window frame won't get crushed?  Yes.

Had to be done - but really not very exciting.


2. The Hallway

We started this project in the first few days of January this year.  We had some delays with sorting the heating system out, and waiting for the plasterer, so this one has dragged on a bit.



The above photos were taken within hours of us getting the keys, hence all the junk everywhere! Textures everywhere, smashed mirror pieces on the windowsill, peeling wallpaper and green threadbare carpet! Vom!

So, we aren't finished yet.  But the amount of progress is huge:


I don't to post all photos yet,  I'll leave the final reveal for early 2016 when it is done :)

3. Vegetable Patch

We have had great success with our first proper year at growing veg. We have also had some downs and learning experiences, but we are geared up to give it a go next year too.





4. Radiator Update

This project was an unexpected one that was a result of the hallway project.  But I'm so glad now that we did it.  It has refreshed so many of the rooms (especially the bathroom), it's given us a decent heat source in the living room, and allowed us to get the hallway plastered properly.




Lots of progress but lots more to go!  Wishing you all a very merry Christmas and a happy new year!

How did you get on with your projects in 2015?








No comments:

Post a Comment