Monday 8 February 2016

Motivational Monday - Balance


This quote makes me laugh :) I hope it makes you smile too!

This weekend has been a nice easy weekend.  After last weekends hectic few days, I just needed a weekend with no fixed plans that I could pick and choose what I wanted to do when based on how I felt at that particular moment.  So I have plodded on slowly doing lots of small finishing jobs on the hallway so that it really is done.  I had no appetite for a huge project this weekend, so it was the perfect opportunity.  I also swore to myself that I wouldn't start the next project (living room) without first completing the hallway, so it had to be done.

I have also done a bit of shopping this weekend.  I have purchased these lovely chairs from eBay:


I intend to reupholster them in a new fabric, but that won't be until the living room really starts coming together and I know the best colour to go for to complement the scheme.  I have been looking for a while for chairs like these, but it's not that often that they come up in pairs.  I really wanted a matching set of armchairs so I took the plunge.  Can't wait to see what they look like in real life but I don't think that will be for a few weeks as they are coming all the way from Devon! 

I also bought some paint tester's this weekend for the living room.  Some of them as soon as I got them on the wall I knew they weren't right, but Farrow and Ball's Hague Blue is just singing to me.  It was like love at first sight.  




I'm thinking Navy for all of the walls.  Yes, all of 4 of them.  Everyone is telling me I should just do a feature wall and have the rest vaguely beige, but I want to be bold. 

What do you think?  Bold or beige?


No comments:

Post a Comment