Friday 13 November 2015

Hallway - To Do List Update

So, two and a bit weeks on and how am I getting on?


  1. Get the radiator back on the wall.
  2. Take up the laminate flooring
  3. Cut back bathroom flooring upstairs to fit nicely in door threshold in prep for floor work Post to follow soon
  4. Insulate under the ground floor (I'm fairly sure this hasn't been done, but who knows!) 
  5. Replace loft hatch, and sort out plaster around it. Making progress
  6. Sort out the dodgy patch on the ceiling 
  7. Sand floor (upstairs and downstairs) Post to follow soon
  8. Stain and varnish the floor Making progress
  9. Sand down woodwork on stairs ready for repainting
  10. Finish stripping door frames (firstly, I need to figure out where I'm going to stop!)
  11. Attach skirting board to all walls
  12. Prime and paint all woodwork (this is going to be a big job!)
  13. Paint the two internal doors downstairs
  14. Fit new handles, hinges etc. to the downstairs doors
  15. Carpet runner for the stairs
  16. Make blind for upstairs window Supplies purchased - just need to find time to make it!
  17. Make curtains for front door
  18. Buy frames and hang pictures 
  19. Build out under the stairs to enclose the space (my first go at serious carpentry!)
  20. Install storage system under the stairs
  21. Revel in the prettiness of the hallway when it's all done! :)
Sooo much still to do! I'm hoping to make some good progress this weekend before the in-laws come to stay next weekend.  I've been trying to do stuff in the evenings too but work has been so busy that I don't always feel like it.  I think I need to read more of my motivational monday posts!

No comments:

Post a Comment