Sunday 10 March 2013

Long time no speak - apologies!

It's been a long time since my last post. Life got extremely busy for a while - I still had time to squeeze in some baking and making, but not enough time to blog about it! So, the last few weeks have been filled with making custard slices, fruit cake and renovating an old singer treadle sewing machine.

I've decided to change this blog from Kayleigh Bakes, to Kayleigh Bakes and Makes, as I also spend time sewing and doing up furniture, and this seems like a good place to document it all.

So, first up: custard slices.

Recipe here : http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/custard_slice_58534

This was my first attempt at ruff puff pastry and it was actually pretty easy. It took three turns and a bit of chilling in between each turn.

The "custard" was just a creme patisserie which my husband had great delight eating straight from the bowl!

I didn't have a tin the size stipulated so I just used the only large deep pan that I had, and I used baking beans to get the tin to size (see photo). It was winging it a bit, but it worked fine for me!





















No comments:

Post a Comment