Monday 31 December 2012

My New Magimix!

I have been lusting after a new food processor for some time. I have been using my sister's which only has a 1.4l bowl - so when doing a simple sponge mix of 6, 6, 6 and 3 (for those not so familiar with this I will explain later), I had to split the mix in half.  Try splitting an egg in half - its not easy!

So I invested in a Magimix 4150 the other day and today it arrived. Joy of joys!

This is the new vs. the old:


Quite a size difference!

To celebrate (and test the machine out) I whipped up some vanilla cupcakes. 

Recipe:
6 oz self raising flour (I never sift the flour - I once saw a TV programme that proved it made no difference if you sift it or not, so why waste time?!)
6 oz caster sugar
6 oz butter (however I always, always use flora light - it gives a much lighter texture)
3 medium eggs (these should also weigh 6oz - if they weigh more/less just adjust the weights of the other ingredients)

I'm a huge fan of the all in one method.  I can't be faffed with creaming the sugar and butter first, then this, then that... Just pile the ingredients into a food processor and blitz away until smooth:


Then pop the mixture into cake cases or cake tins lined with baking paper.  Have the oven preheated to 150 degrees C (for fan assisted ovens), 170 for non-fan ovens and bake until it looks golden on top, and a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean.  Tip: don't open the oven for the first 10-15 mins else your cake will not rise properly.

Cool on a wire cooling rack, and let it cool completely before decorating.

Happy new year everyone, I'm looking forward to a 2013 filled with lots of baking, and getting to know my new Magimix :)

2 comments:

  1. hey, thanks for the great review on the mixer ! I hope to try it soon too also i love making cupcakes ! so another thanks for the quick and easy recipe.

    ReplyDelete